Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





29/10/2008

New WWF cover!!

Yes :) Another WWF cover for my collection, thank you very much Pablo for this cover from Cuba!

The stamps on this cover are all part of the 1998 Cuban WWF serie on the Cuban Parakeet (
Aratinga euops). Once considered to be awidespread and common Cuban endemic regarded as a crop pest, the Cuban Parakeet is now classified as a threatened animal species. Reasons for this are persecution, habitat destruction and trapping... The Cuban Parakeet is found in grasslands with palms, notably the Royal Palm, at woodland edges and in undisturbed forest, but requires nesting holes in palms or in arboreal termite nests many of which are abandoned woodpecker holes.

It's bright green with red spots scattered on the head, neck and breast and red at the bend of the wing. It has a white ring of bare flesh round the eye.
(http://www.arthurgrosset.com en http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/index.html?action=SpcHTMDetails.asp&sid=1570&m=0)