Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





21/08/2008

Poland

Kazimierz from Poland sent me a nice cover again. This time no WWF stamps on the cover, but a nice souvenir sheet.

This is the cover: (on the right you see a picture of the s/s that I found on the Internet)






















This souvenir sheet was issued because on January 16 and 17, 2008 the Plenary Assembly of PostEurop has been held in Kraków (Poland). Such meetings are organized yearly in another Member State of PostEurop, but this one is very special for the Polish Post because of the celebration of its 450th anniversary. This even coincides with the the 15th anniversary of PostEurop!
The artwork on the stamp combines symbolics of the post (an envelope), the city of Kraków (a peackock's feather, the typical element of the Cracovian folk costume), and the European diversity, expressed in its colour palette, drawn from the national flags of the Member States. The PostEurop logo is present on the stamp as well as on the occasional postmark that will be applied at the Kraków 1 Post Office.


Inside the envelope, I found two really really nice items to enrich my WWF collection:



I already talked about the birds on the stamps on previous occasions, so I refer to those texts if you feel like reading something about these very nice animals.