Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





13/08/2008

Croatia WWF

Zeljko really surprised me by sending me a very nice WWF serie from Croatia on 2 postcards and 2 covers (which are in fact his own creation!).

The serie on the cards and envelopes is the 2004 serie on the 'Purple Heron' (Ardea purpurea). It is a migratory bird that arrives in Croatia at the end of March and leaves it in August, September, sometimes even later. The Purple Heron is protected by law in most European countries.

It is 79 cm in length, its spread out wings reach up to 135 cm, and it weighs about 1 kilogram. The Purple Heron lives in wetland and swamps of plant communities where there is a predominance of common reed, common club-rush, various kinds of bulrushes, sedge and other sorts that make a phytocoenosis of the common reed and a small crab. They can also be found in other habitats with a different vegetational overgrowth.

(http://www.posta.hr/main.aspx?id=193&idmarke=496)


These are the postcards and envelopes Zeljko sent to me:
































I think it's obvious that these stamps and cards/covers will get a special place in my collection!