Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





17/02/2009

First cover from Estonia

Thank you very very much Kristiina for this wonderful cover from Estonia with 4 WWF stamps!

The stamps picture the European flying squirrel (Pteromys volans) and were issued in 1994. These animals have a membrane that extends between their fore- and hind limbs. Unlike some other species of flying squirrels, Pteromys volans do not have a membrane between their hind limbs and the base of their tail. Their limbs are relatively short and thick and their hind feet are significantly larger than their forefeet. The length of the head and body is 120-228 mm.

If you want to know more about these cute little animals, follow this link:
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Pteromys_volans.html