Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





19/07/2008

WWF Croatia

YES! :)

Another WWF cover to take up in my collection, thanks to Dragan Buskulic from Croatia. Here it is:



Dragan knows that I collect WWF stamps, and he was so kind to send me a cover franked with WWF stamps as soon as he got some. I am really very happy for this!

It's actually quite funny to see that Dragan sent me this cover at the same time that I sent him a cover from Luxembourg (where I was on vacation). I saw a stamp on the Olympic Games (the same one that appears on the cover I sent to myself... :)), and I immediately thought about Dragan and his Olympic Games collection.

It's nice to help each other, isn't it? :)

Anyway, the bird on the stamps is the Little Tern (Sterna albifrons). This bird species is - as all other animal species that appear on the WWF stamps - in great danger.

Little terns reach 22 to 24 cm in length from the tip of the bill to the tip of the tail, and they only weigh 40 to 60 grams. Their wings are quite long (50 to 55 cm).

You can find a very interesting text, written byDragan Radović, about the Little Tern on the website of the Croatian Post. I refer to it because I can't tell it better nor shorter :)
http://www.posta.hr/main.aspx?id=193&idmarke=1177