Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





09/02/2008

Cover 1 from Russia, with WWF stamps!!!!

This is really the most beautiful cover that I have ever received!!! It was sent to me by Alexander Karmanovsky from St-Petersburg.

The cover is franked with a minisheet of Russia, on the topic of endangered animals. The stamps all wear the WWF logo, although the issue was not authorised by WWF International and Groth AG.



However, the local Russian WWF committee has given the agreement to the Postal Administration to use the WWF Panda Logo on October 1, 2007. For this reason, this issue is not taken up as an official WWF issue, but as a Special Issue.

The stamps were issued on October 1, 2007. The animals are Far Eastern Stork / Ciconia boyciana, Snow Leopard /Uncia uncia and Bison /Bison bonasus.


Maybe one more remark: this cover also mentions Leper as the name of the place where I live... Apparently, people cannot make the distinction between the letters L and I, because the place where I live is called Ieper, so with an I instead of an L!!!!! :)

The result is that most covers I get have been sent to a non existing place... take a look at my other covers and see for yourself... :)