Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





28/06/2009

Slovakia

I saved the best cover from Slovakia for last... :) Thanks again Róbert for your wonderful cover and excellent help with my WWF collection! The stamps picture the European Wild Cat (Felis silvestris silvestris).


The Wild Cat is extinct in most parts of Europe and today it can only be found in a few parts of Scotland, Germany and Slovakia. Its natural habitat is thick forest land. This fierce, handsome animal is heavier and larger than the domestic cat and although rarely seen, can be distinguished by its thick bushy tail. Its staple diet is mice, voles, rabbits, hares and small birds at night. Mating occurs in March and most litters, of between one and eight kittens, are born in May.
(www.pofis.sk)