Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





15/06/2009

Info

Now that the good weather is gone in Belgium, it's time to update my blog again. I start with a little announcement for those of you who will get a cover from me soon.

I went to Oostende last Saturday, to visit a temporary post office where you could get a nice 'Zeppelin' cancel. I prepared some covers with the stamps of the new Belgian serie on aviation history, of which one pictures a Zeppelin.

I gave my covers to the man who put cancels on the letters, and much to my surprise he returned me some 7 covers... and he refused to cancel them because the Zeppelin stamp was not on the cover. Apparently, he was allowed to cancel only Zeppelin stamps and not the other ones, although they belong to the same serie... If only I had known this sooner...

This means that some of you will get a cover with a normal cancel instead of a special one, although my intention was to get everyone a cover with a very nice Zeppelin cancel... I hope those who get a normal cancel will forgive me, I'll get a special one later. Know one thing: I was as disappointed as you will probably be...

Tomorrow I'll post one or more covers. Until then!