Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.


I can send you a nice cover from Belgium in return, or Belgian mint stamp(s) - as you prefer.
Have a look at my Delcampe store, all items that are for sale can be exchanged too.


07/05/2009

Amazing Canada... :)

After a few days of silence, I'm back again.

I received 5 new covers this week, 1 on Monday (my birthday!) and 4 today. And some of the covers are really great: because they come from countries I missed in my list (Mozambique and Qatar), or because they can be taken up in my topical colelctions (WWF / nature preservation and elephants).

But you will see what I mean in the next few days :)

Let's start with showing you the cover I received last Monday. Thank you Jeff for sending me such a nice cover that arrived on my birthday and made a special day even more exciting!


You will probably recognize the sheet Jeff used on this cover, as I showed in a previous post. Notice the 'normal' stamps at the right side of the cover, very nice to see these on a cover together with the sheet.

Now, what is really special about this cover - and what makes it a very nice piece for my Nature Preservation collection - is the cancellation.


As you can see on the scan, the envelope has been cancelled in Newfoundland, in a town called Witless Bay (province of Newfoundland and Labrador). This town is connected to an ecological reserve, as can be seen on the cancel. And as the cancel also indicates, the Witless Bay reserve contains North America's largest Atlantic puffin colony!


Really a very interesting cover! For those of you who are interested to read a bit more about Witless Bay and its Captain Whittle, check out these pages:

http://www.env.gov.nl.ca/parks/wer/r_wbe/

http://www.explorenewfoundlandandlabrador.com/communities/witless-bay.htm



Jeff also included some other items: the Polar sheet and the 3 sheets on endangered animals, issued in 2006-2008! Really fantastic, thanks a lot Jeff!