Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





04/10/2008

New country: Uzbekistan

Thanks a lot Marat for this really nice cover mailed on August, 21 (which is already some time ago!) from the capital city Tashkent.


The Republic of Uzbekistan (O‘zbekiston Respublikasi or Ўзбекистон Республикаси) is a doubly landlocked country in Central Asia and used to be part of the Soviet Union. It has been an independent republic since December 1991. Neighbouring countries are Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Turkmenistan. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzbekistan)

Marat used 7 stamps on his cover, 3 definitive stamps and 4 commemoratives.

The definitive stamps were issued in 2005 and 2008 and picture the coat of arms (red stamp) and some buildings.

The m/s was issued in 2006 made people aware of the fact that 2006 was the International year of deserts and desertification. Four animals are pictured (left to right):
Thanks a lot Marat for this really great cover! It's a very nice gain for my collection!