Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





13/10/2008

Mauritius cover


Thank you very much Tasneem for this second cover from Mauritius. And with WWF stamps, which is really great!! Unfortunately the stamp on the left has not survived the shipping from Mauritius to Belgium... it got torn together with the envelope, which is of course a pity... But who knows, maybe some day Tasneem will be able to send me another one? :)



We find four stamps on this cover:

The two stamps on the right were issued in 2004 and picture the Mauritius Parakeet (Psittacula eques). (http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/index.html?action=SpcHTMDetails.asp&sid=1530&m=0)

The WWF stamp on the left was issued in 1985 and pictures the pink pigeon (Nesoenas mayeri). (http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/search/species_search.html?action=SpcHTMDetails.asp&sid=2497&m=0)

The remaining stamp was issued in 2007 as part of a serie of 6 stamps on corals. Because this serie is really very nice, I want to show it to you:


Nice, isn't it?

Thanks a lot Tasneem for this cover and the effort you have made to get me WWF stamps!