Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





12/10/2008

Another new country in my collection!

I received my first cover from Hungary last week. There are three stamps on the cover:


The stamp on the right is a 2008 commemorative stamp devoted to the Orseg national park. The Őrség National Park, 440 km² and which borders both Austria and Slovenia, is a boon for lovers of the great outdoors. The park is crisscrossed with marked hiking trails that link many of the Őrség's villages, including Őriszentpéter, Szalafő, Velemér and Pankasz. In the south-western corner of Vas county there is a beautiful area interspersed with woods and groves, where the conquering Magyars established guards to protect the western gate-way, hence the name of the region, Őrség, meaning garrison. On 1 March 2002 Hungary’s tenth national park was created from the Őrség Nature Conservation Area. The Őrség National Park includes the areas of Őrség, the Wend Region, the valley of the river Rába and the area of the Szentgyörgy Valley. There are 44 towns and villages within its total area of 44,000 hectares. (Source: http://hu.wikipedia.org )

The stamp shows a view of the landscape typical of the Őrség National Park, the bird characteristic of the area, the Crossbill, and the region’s flower of outstanding beauty, the Lemon Lily, alongside the portrait of the sci-entist and ornithologist, István Chernel. (http://www.posta.hu/object.d44d584b-a4ab-4bfa-8c4f-2e4dd7625b03.ivy)


The other two stamps are definitives, issued in 2000 (stamp on the left) and 2001 (right), picturing chairs.