Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





23/10/2008

Another Malaysian cover

I received another Malaysian cover last week. Thank you Kow Siew Lan.


It's a very nice flower cover, only a pity that the cancellation is extremely bad / ugly...

From left to right (top stamps first) we see:
  1. Kenerak (Goniothalamus tapis), a shrub or small tree up to 3 metre high with ascending branches and shot twigs forming conical or uneven crown.
  2. Climbing lily (Gloriosa superba), a species of lily that climbs up to 2.5 metres in height, aided by tendril-like tips at the end of its narrow lanceolate shaped leaves.
  3. Rangoon creeper (Quisqualis indica), a climbing shrub often planted as ornamental plant because of its unique flowers that are born in short clusters.
  4. Gooseneck cactus (Epiphyllum oxypetalum), a slender herb with a short main stem and long irregular branches.
There's also a minisheet, part of this serie, but the sheet does not appear on the cover.