Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.


I can send you a nice cover from Belgium in return, or Belgian mint stamp(s) - as you prefer.
Have a look at my Delcampe store, all items that are for sale can be exchanged too.


29/10/2008

Amazing cover from Georgia

I finally have some time to post this cover from Georgia on my blog. Thank you very much Khatuna for this really beautiful cover, mailed from the capital city Tbilisi on 2/10/2008. My first cover from Georgia is franked with no less than 11 beautiful stamps... WOW :)


On the right we see two stamps issued in 2006 to bring in mind that in 1956, the first 'Europa' stamps were issued. These stamps are in fact my very first imperforated stamps, and of course this makes this wonderful cover even more special. Belgium was one of the 6 countries (together with the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, France and Germany) to issue Europa stamps.

On top of the cover we see a serie of three stamps issued in 2002 and picturing national costumes. Furthermore we see two stamps with buildings. The one on the right pictures the Georgian Academic Theatre in Tbilisi; the other one pictures the Georgian Drama Theatre. There are also two stamps showing us beautiful places in Georgia: Vardzia (stamp on the left, monestery carved into a sandstone mountain) and Lake Ritsa (bottom of envelope). These stamps really make me curious to see the country, I am already considering a vacation in Georgia! :)

The last two stamps picture the Pectoral Cross from Martvili (7-9th century) and wine grapes (Rkhatsiteli).

Thank you again Khatuna for this really nice cover, I enjoy it a lot. I hope I will have more of these splendid Georgian stamps in future! :)