Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.


I can send you a nice cover from Belgium in return, or Belgian mint stamp(s) - as you prefer.
Have a look at my Delcampe store, all items that are for sale can be exchanged too.


10/09/2008

Lighthouse stamp from Madeira

In addition to the cover from the Azores, Rui sent me another cover with a stamps from the 2008 Lighthouses serie.

It's the Madeira stamp this time, so I have another postal entity to add to my list. Thanks Rui!


The stamps pictures the lighthouse in Ponta do Pargo Lighthouse, located on the westernmost tip of Madeira Island, standing at 290 meters of altitude, just above the rocky cliffs. The white, crystal directional rotating optic spotlight is 312 meters high which may be difficult to see from land on a cloudy day though its flash can be seen above water on a 26 miles range. The Ponta do Pargo lighthouse is established since 1922 and worth a visit not only for its amazing landscape around but also for the history it keeps.
(http://www.madeirahelp.com/ponta_pargo_lighthouse)