Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





18/09/2008

First knight from Finland :) (First postcrossing cover)

Thank you very much, Marjatta from Turku (Finland) for this really magnificent cover!

I received this cover through the postcrossing circuit. I signed up last week, and this is the first cover I received. And I'm very happy with it as you can see :)

On the cover you see a drawing of the castle of Turku, where the city's historical museum is housed (since 1881!). Turku was the first capital city of Finland. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turku)

Marjatta writes that the stamp is unique for the medieval market. I could not find a stamp like this one on the internet. I thought that maybe this is a personalized stamp from Finland?? Does anybody know? Please let me know if you do!