Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





10/09/2008

Ecuador / Galapagos Islands

I don't have much time to post covers right now, but in order not to have too many backlog I will post the covers from the last 2 weeks with less background information. I hope you will forgive me for this :)

The first cover I want to show is one from Ecuador, which John sent me recently. Thank you very much John for adding a new country to my list!



The 3 stamps on the cover are part of a serie of 4 different stamps issued in 2008 and picturing some Galapagos Islands animals.

From the left to the right we see:
As you can see, the pelican stamp appears on the cover two times. There's a fourth stamp in this serie, but John did not use it for postage.

These are in fact my first Ecuador / Galapagos Islands stamps, so I'm very happy with this envelope. I'm surprised by the quality and beauty of the Ecuadorian stamps, so I hope to get more stamps from Ecuador some day. :)