Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





18/09/2008

Country # 39: Slovakia!

Last week I received a cover from a new country in my list: Slovakia.

Thank you very much Milan for this nice cover:


Milan lives in Czech Republic, but sent me this cover when staying with his inlaws in Slovakia, which is very kind of him?

Milan explained that the Slovak koruna (Sk) will disappear at the end of this year, so I'm happy that I received a koruna stamp. Next goal is to have a euro stamp from Slovakia on cover ;)

The big stamp shows the painting 'Bagpipes', made by Rudolf Krivos. The stamp was issued on 28 November 2003 in a serie of 3 stamps on art works.

The small stamp that appears on the cover 3 times pictures the castle in Nitra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitra); the other small stamp is the coat of arms 'Dubnica nad Vahom'.