Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.


I can send you a nice cover from Belgium in return, or Belgian mint stamp(s) - as you prefer.
Have a look at my Delcampe store, all items that are for sale can be exchanged too.


22/08/2008

Interesting cover from Austria

This week I have picked up a registered cover that had been delivered at my home on August 11, 2008. This is really inconvenient because I can never accept registered letters -> I have to work during the week :s :) and nobody can accept it for me...

The result is that all the registered covers sent to me are 'decorated' with an ugly self-adhesive note from the Belgian Post to say that I have to pick up the letter... What a shame that they don't stick the note at the back of the envelope :s

But anyway, I could pick it up at the post office just on time, as you can see on the picture it would have been returned to the sender next Monday.

Here is the cover sent from Graz, Austria on 08/08/08!



Florian used a pre-paid cover to send mehis letter. It's a nice cover with a picture of the 'Kunsthaus Graz', the art palace in the second-largest city of Austria. It's a museum of contemporary art, and it seems like a fantastic building with a very unusual design. Which is of course not very unusual for an art museum... :)

Maybe you like the building better in the dark?:


The big plane stamp commemorates the 50th anniversary of Austrian Airlines. The company was founded on 30 September 1957 and began regular flights on the Vienna-London route on 31 March 1958 using four chartered Vickers Viscounts 779.
(read more: http://www.post.at/eshop/philatelieshop/detail.php?prod=208040)

These stamps are really special. As you can see, the stamp has (or better: had) a little scratch-off field which gives (gave...) people the opportunity to win great prizes: tickets to cities and models of the Airbus A 320 airplane.

A plane with no inscription means you're not very lucky (see stamp on cover, unfortunately... :)). The main prizes - tickets for one person each - can be identified by a three-letter code, indicating the airport of destination, e.g., CDG for Paris, LHR for London etc.
All other prizes - 5,000 model airplanes - have a four-digit numerical code.
















The stamp on the left has been issued on the occasion of WIPA 2008, in Vienna one of the world's largest events for stamp fanatics! This year, it will take place from September 18 to 23. The last WIPA took place in 2000 and attracted more than 50,000 visitors.

Finally, two flowers give the cover its finishing touch: Lady's slipper orchid and Scotch laburnum.