Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.





21/07/2008

Switzerland in 3D!

I had one cover left to show you, and it's another one from Switzerland (my fifth so far).

This time it's really something special, because one of the stamps is a 3D stamp! Until now, I had only seen such stamps on the internet. Now I have my own 3D stamp on envelope, thank you Vural!

Belgium has not issued 3D stamps so far, and I do not know if many postal administrations have. I believe that Finland had issued such serie, although I'm not 100 % sure.

This is the cover:




The stamp is part of a serie of 2 stamps, issued to mark the centenary of the Museum of Communication in Bern.

The Museum of Communication is the only museum in Switzerland that is dedicated exclusively to communication and its history. The permanent exhibit entitled "The Communication Adventure" allows visitors to interact with the history of communication. Items relating to the Post, transport, tourism and philately, telecommunications and IT as well as radio and television constitute the museum's core collections, and a creative take on these themes makes them accessible to a broad public.
(http://www.filahome-stamps.com/stamps/0704-museum-of-communication.htm)

I really think that this is a really nice postage stamp. It's not exactly a traditional postage stamp, but one should be aware of the world we live in and I think some innovation is also good for the world of the postage stamp. :)


The stamp on the left pictures hares and was issued in the 'Pro Juventute' serie of 1966.