Hi :)

I try to collect one nice cover from every country in the world, and I need YOUR HELP! Below you can browse through my collection, if you see your country is missing (or you can send me a better cover than the one I already have), please contact me :)

I prefer covers with WWF stamps, because this is my main (topical) collection. I also collect other WWF items, like local FDC / MC etc.


I can send you a nice cover from Belgium in return, or Belgian mint stamp(s) - as you prefer.
Have a look at my Delcampe store, all items that are for sale can be exchanged too.


30/06/2008

Anatolian civilisation: cover from Turkey

I only received one cover last week, so I have only one to show you today. Thank you for this cover, Vural:



We can see two stamps on the cover.

On the left side, we find a stamp dedicated to the clothes of the sultan! It is part of a serie of 4 stamps issued in 2005.

If I see it right, the stamp shows a kaftan worn by Sultan Ahmed I (?).
Ahmed I was Ottoman sultan from 1603 to 1617, whose authority was weakened by wars, rebellions, and misrule. The rebellions he was able to suppress; he executed some of the viziers and exiled many palace dignitaries for bribery and intrigue; and he introduced a new regulation for the improvement of land administration. The peace of Zsitvatörök (1606) that he signed with Austria was a blow to Ottoman prestige, and he was compelled to extend commercial privileges to France, Venice, and the Netherlands within his domains.
(http://www.britannica.com)

The other stamp is also part of a serie of four stamps, issued in 2007. The topic of the stamps is the Anatolian civilisation!
There's a lot of information to find on the internet concerning the Anatolian civilisation. I don't have the time right now to look everything up, but I will try to do so somewhere this month.

Hopefully I will get lots of other interesting covers this summer! :d